This recipe was added using EasyRecipe (free not Plus) and converted to SimpleRecipePro 2.3 to demonstrate a three-step transition normally will be seen in existing subscribers who have had their recipes converted prior to the release of version 2.4.
How to test this conversion
- View the post on the backend and frontend to establish a frame of reference.
- Disable Simple Recipe Pro, leaving only EasyRecipe and go back to the front and back end of the post. You should see the original recipe created here.
- Activate Simple Recipe Pro 2.3+ to see how the recipe currently looks for subscribers who have not updated to 2.4
- Deactivate 2.3+ and activate 2.4. Go back to the front and back end of the post. What you should see on the frontend should have no obvious difference to the 2.3+ recipe card. On the back end, the shortcode will have been replaced by the new visual recipe card placeholder of Simple Recipe Pro 2.4
Sriracha Lime Chicken Chopped Salad *edited
Healthy, low-carb, and perfect for summer!
Sriracha Lime Chicken
- 4 organic chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups lettuce, chopped (I use this salad chopper)
- 8 pineapple slices, using pineapple corer
- 1 cup organic grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tsp raw honey
Dash fine sea
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a bowl or marinade dish, combine sirarcha and lime.
- Add chicken and let marinade in the fridge for at least 20 minutes, the longer the better.
- Once ready to cook, add chicken to the greased grill.
- Cut pineapple using pineapple corer and add to grill, grill for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- While they are grilling, chop lettuce, then chop avocado, tomato, and red onion and add to serving dish.
- Whisk together dressing, taste, and adjust seasoning as desired (i.e. more lime, additional sea salt, additional vinegar)- place in fridge until ready to use.
- Once chicken is done cooking, assemble the salad, toss with dressing and enjoy!
*Nutrition info per serving: 373 calories, 38 grams of protein, and 30 carbohydrates*
Mini Crustless Quiche Cups with Sausage and Cheese
- 8 eggs!
- 6 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 links (about .8 ounces each) precooked turkey breakfast sausage, each cut into 16 thin slices
- 2/3 cup shredded, reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- finely chopped parsley for garnish, if desired
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Thoroughly spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, onion powder, and salt until thoroughly combined.
Place 5-6 slices of sausage in the bottom of each muffin cup and divide cheese evenly among the 12 cups.
Pour egg mixture on top of sausage and cheese, dividing evenly.
Bake for about 15 minutes, until egg is set and the tops are just lightly browned.
Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired (or see notes for refrigerating or freezing as a make-ahead).
Make-ahead tips: These Crustless Quiche Cups refrigerate and freeze (tightly wrapped) surprisingly well, so they\'re a great make-ahead breakfast option. To reheat from refrigerated, our microwave needed only about 18-20 second on full power to perfectly reheat 1 quiche cup. If reheating from frozen, microwaving on 50% power yields slightly better results. For our microwave, we reheated at 50% power for 80-90 seconds for 1 egg cup.
Recipe from Two Healthy Kitchens
Loading nutrition data...