This Orange Power Pasta with Cauliflower Alfredo is super creamy and simple to throw together. No one will be able to tell that the Alfredo sauce is made from CAULIFLOWER! Serve it with zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash, or gluten-free pasta of choice for a great meatless dinner for any night of the week! I am so excited to share this recipe today from my friend Kelly of Nosh and Nourish‘s second cookbook, Superfood Weeknight Meals! This book is packed with tons of meals made in under 30 minutes! I’m loving all things cauliflower right now, so this alfredo was a must-make on my list! Up next are the Sriracha Cauliflower Tacos! A bed of delicious roasted veggies on top of creamy pasta is a great way to sneak some extra veggies into your meal! Check out this creamy alfredo sauce, made without any cheese!
Orange Power Pasta with Cauliflower Alfredo
This is the description line.
For the roasted veggies
- 1/2 a sweet potato
- 1 golden beet
- 1-2 orange bell pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Slice spaghetti squash in half and scrape out seeds. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and place face down on a lined baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Thinly slice carrots, chop sweet potato, beet, and bell pepper into 1/2 inch cubes. Toss with paprika and olive oil.
- Lay the vegetables in a single layer on a parchment lined sheet tray. Bake for 25 minutes or until tender.
- While the vegetables are baking, roughly chop two cups of cauliflower and steam or boil until fork tender.
- Place steamed cauliflower and almond milk in a high-speed blender until creamy.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter and olive oil. Stir in salt and pepper. Slowly, about 1/3 at a time, stir in the cauliflower mixture. Add in two teaspoons of arrowroot flour/starch and stir continually for about 5 minutes, until sauce is thickened.
- Combine spaghetti squash, cauliflower Alfredo, and roasted veggies together in a large bowl. Serve immediately.
- Recipe is slightly modified and printed with permission from the Superfood Weeknight Meals Cookbook.*
- Substitute the butter for ghee or extra virgin olive oil to make this recipe vegan and Whole30 approved.